Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple id password rejected after upgrade to IOS 8

Hi,

I seem to be having issues of logging into my iCloud account with my Apple ID on devices upgraded to IOS 8. I'm experiencing this issue on both my 32 gig IPad Air and my IPhone 5? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Note: I was able to log in using a Windows PC, have tried rebooting the IPad with same results?

Thank you for any assistance.

Lance

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 4:19 PM

51 replies

Sep 19, 2014 7:41 AM in response to lancefrombremerton

I had a similar problem. Ipad with new IOS 8 was asking for an Apple ID with the mac.com ending. I had to change the password associated with this to the password for my normal Apple ID (no mac.com ending). I used https://iforgot.apple.com/ and it worked in my case. Try this change on your Windows PC and see.

I think the main problem is that these devices maintain a history of authentications of apps and downloads that can cause these problems. Some apps downloaded under the old Apple ID, some under the modern Apple ID.

Sep 19, 2014 5:23 PM in response to lancefrombremerton

I had this same issue, and only on my iPhone 5. iPad Air and Mac both logged in fine, so password wasn't the problem. Changed the password (through Safari on my Mac), logged in with new password on Mac iCloud Settings no problem, logged in on iPad no problem, but iPhone was still rejecting it. I did it several times and know 100% I was putting in the correct password. Finally restarted my iPhone and it logged into iCloud (finally!).

Sep 20, 2014 12:54 PM in response to carlsone123

Carlsone123,

Did you try resetting your apple ID password? My issue was that the ipad with the new IOS 8 listed my apple id with the mac.com suffix. I just went to the apple id password change site (link above) and 'changed' the password to my regular password. This fixed it in my case. So Apple id xyz@mac.com had the same password as Apple id xyz. I hope it works for you.

Some other people have suggested logging out of Itunes and Icloud and then logging back in.

Good luck.

Sep 20, 2014 2:42 PM in response to lancefrombremerton

Why should we have to reset our password? Have used mine for five years. Updated to the new iOS 8 at lunch today and now it keeps disabling my phone when I try to log in even though it is clearly the right password (I was able to log in here from a different device to post). so. Ow my phone is useless (4s). It had already lost my iCloud contacts and would not reconnect them. Apple seems on the steep slope of collapse.

Sep 21, 2014 4:22 PM in response to lancefrombremerton

Well, after thinking my problem was solved, iCloud keeps rejecting my password. Even last night after restarting my phone I was able to log back in and it verified it, but when I woke up this morning I had a notification that iCloud backup couldn't be completed because my password couldn't be verified. The silly thing is when I go to logout of iCloud on my iPhone, and first turn off "Find my iPhone" (which is necessary to logout of iCloud), I can put my password in for Find my iPhone and it is accepted. This is ridiculous.

apple id password rejected after upgrade to IOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.