Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad will not ring for incoming phone call IOS8....any particular settings that need to be adjusted?

iPad will not acknowledge incoming call from iPhone 5 after updating to iOS 8. Any advice?

iPhone 5, iOS 8, Ipad 4 (retina)

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 4:56 PM

18 replies

Jul 21, 2017 12:11 PM in response to Stunnicliffe

I too had this problem in iOS 10.3.3, I tried the various suggestions already seen and it didn't help. I then tried a long shot, I dialed a phone number in my contacts which went to my landline, I dialed out from my iPad through my iPhone and out to my landline. Once that call had completed I was able to receive incoming calls from my iPhone on my iPad once again.

I hope this helps

cheers

Sep 17, 2014 5:43 PM in response to Stunnicliffe

Yes, I'm having the same problem on my iPad mini. I can't call a landline from my iPad and a call to my iPhone did not alert me on my iPad. Not quite sure what to do. Ipad and iphone are both on iOS 8, same icloud account and same wif. I just got a message that my phone is not setup to use other devices over cellular. Maybe it's AT&T?

Sep 17, 2014 6:32 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Acording to the information on iOS 8 "Sometimes when your iPhone rings, it’s not where you are. Maybe it’s charging in another room. Or it’s buried in your backpack. But your Mac or iPad is sitting right there. Now you can make and receive phone calls on those devices as long as your iPhone running iOS 8 is on the same Wi-Fi network." That was taken right off Apple's official Continuty page.

Sep 17, 2014 7:08 PM in response to Chrisml

Well, it worked for me (much to my annoyance) both on an iPad Mini (Retina) and an iPad 2. After a bit of Googling I managed to stumble across the solution of how to turn off that delightful feature: Go to Settings -> FaceTime -> iPhone Cellular Calls, and switch it to OFF. Have you checked to make sure that your iPad has that setting switched on?

Sep 17, 2014 10:15 PM in response to WoodWorks

So the issue ended up being that I wasn't signed into exactly the same icloud account for both Facetime and iCloud, or at least wasn't using exactly the same username. On my iPhone I was using my icloud email and the other my actual icloud username, which for many things is the same and interchangeable, but not in this case. So make sure Facetime and iCloud are exactly the same.

Sep 18, 2014 3:32 AM in response to Stunnicliffe

i read somewhere that this requires a setting in FaceTime to be turned on, unfortunately my phone has FaceTime and my iPad doesn't. however on the phone's FaceTime setting i found an option that reads 'Use your iPhone cellular connection to make and receive calls on devices signed into your iCloud account when they are nearby and on same wifi'. was wondering if anyone managed to get it working?

Sep 22, 2014 10:47 AM in response to Stunnicliffe

Hi, I am from the Caribbean and our technology is not as updated as the USA and I got it to work which mean it has nothing to do with your networking. Make sure you are signed in to icloud and facetime with the same accounts on both iPhone and iPad. Also, your iPhone and iPad cellular calls are enabled. Your WiFi must be the same network. I don't know if this is valid or not, but none of my devices are on auto lock or in the passcode. I can make and receive calls on my iPad and received and reply imessages😉.

Ipad will not ring for incoming phone call IOS8....any particular settings that need to be adjusted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.