Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 9 and OS X Yosemite

Hey there people! 🙂

I'd like to know if anyone's tried using Logic Pro 9 with OS X Yosemite (Beta)? If so, are there any issues? Especially with 3rd party plugins? Thanks in advance! 😉

Logic Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 6:04 PM

No one is allowed to answer that question here in this forum....

Not until the formal release of Yosemite... as per the Terms and Conditions of the Public/Dev beta.....

Sorry.....

However,

Please read this User Tip.... for further info...and advice before upgrading OS X...

Latest OS X & Logic Pro Compatibility Information

68 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2014 6:04 PM in response to woofmatix

No one is allowed to answer that question here in this forum....

Not until the formal release of Yosemite... as per the Terms and Conditions of the Public/Dev beta.....

Sorry.....

However,

Please read this User Tip.... for further info...and advice before upgrading OS X...

Latest OS X & Logic Pro Compatibility Information

Oct 17, 2014 4:59 AM in response to goodbyebluesky

Its too soon yet to give any confirmed info with the release version of 10.10 (14A389) and LP9.1.8

I did have an issue with the prior Dev version and Public beta 6 (14A388B) of 10.10 and LP9.1.8 (Weird intermittent graphical bugs mainly.. One of which was similar to the black bar issue with LP8/LP9.1.7 or earlier.. and 10.9 in the arrange window...) but so far these have not resurfaced with the release version....

However, there is still time for odd things to be discovered!

So, detailed testing is underway here on freshly installed 10.10 rigs and upgraded from 10.9 to 10.10 rigs...but it will be a few days yet before i will feel comfortable providing my results...

Oct 18, 2014 7:50 AM in response to Theodice

Bear in mind the greatest causes of issues, after upgrading to a new OS X versions is usually hardware/drivers related.....

...and discovering what does and doesn't currently work, takes time and a lot of feedback from others.....

So, for those for whom Yosemite seems to work fine.. can you also list any external hardware and which drivers you are using too...

Thanks!

Nigel

Oct 21, 2014 9:50 PM in response to woofmatix

woofmatix wrote:

Has anyone had the chance to work with some 3rd party plugins on Yosemite? I'm very keen to know about Native Instruments stuff coz I use their products.

I've read one report of someone having an issue with Guitar Rig 5.2 not working correctly with Yosemite but personally I haven't had any issues at all with any NI product including GR5... so that one issue may have been something specific to their system rather than a NI issue itself.

Also, I have tested u-He, Rob Papen, Spectrasonics, Waves r21, IK Multimedia and VEP5 amongst others... without any issue of note under 10.10 and LPX 10.0.7.

In fact so far, I haven't found a single non working or incompatible AU plugin that worked under 10.9... but it's still early days in testing......

Logic Pro 9 and OS X Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.