Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powermac G4 MDD display connections?

Hi!

I recently put a hard drive into a Powermac G4 with mirrored drive doors. When I went to connect it to the monitor I have, there was not the right type of connection.

I've mostly used all in ones or laptops and have no experience with monitor connections. I need to figure out what kind of connections the G4 has so I can find an adapter to help with this.

The the monitor connection is what I would think would be a "typical" connector--not very wide with three rows of pins. The ones on the back of the G4 are much longer and have a space before more slots for pins.

Help, please? (The attached photo is the of the back of the G4.)

Edit: I think I may have figured out the connections. Would this work to solve my problem? (I'm hoping and assuming both connection types/ports work equally as well?)

Power Mac G4-OTHER

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 7:48 PM

There are several different video cards out there with different video port options. Most common on G4 MDDs were one ADC and one DVI port.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/PowerMacG4DualSU.pdf

see page 9.

If you have a VGA monitor, then you need an adapter for either the ADC or the DVI port on your G4. You posted a link to DVI-VGA adapter and here are some ADC-VGA adapter options.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2014 7:48 PM in response to sheerpoetry

There are several different video cards out there with different video port options. Most common on G4 MDDs were one ADC and one DVI port.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/PowerMacG4DualSU.pdf

see page 9.

If you have a VGA monitor, then you need an adapter for either the ADC or the DVI port on your G4. You posted a link to DVI-VGA adapter and here are some ADC-VGA adapter options.

Powermac G4 MDD display connections?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.