Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 Safari not working with sites using Windows Authentication (again)

A testbed of iPhones and iPads were updated to iOS 8 today. When trying to access intranet sites in our company that use Windows (IIS) Authentication, it challenges for the login and password 2 or 3 times, then nothing - just hangs. These sites work fine on iOS 7 devices - and worked on the same devices that were upgraded.

Windows Authentication was broken in iOS 7.0 also and not fixed until a later update. Why does this keep getting broken?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 7:15 PM

54 replies

Sep 17, 2014 7:22 PM in response to mannaggia

This was a thread that discussed this when it was broken in iOS 7.0...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5327078?start=0&tstart=0

I just tested with Chrome on the iPhone upgraded to iOS 8 and it works fine. It is Safari that is broken again.

Of course, Apple won't give us a way to make Chrome the default browser when links are clicked in emails, so it's not exactly a solution.

Sep 20, 2014 8:18 AM in response to mannaggia

Yep, I have found this too. I have three web apps, all are served by an IIS server using integrated windows authentication.

With ios8, none of them now work.

The work around for me was to disable the authentication on the server, open the web app, let it load, then re enable the authentication. The web app then works. This is fine for the two devices that no longer work, but I know have to stop people upgrading until there is a fix.

iOS 8 Safari not working with sites using Windows Authentication (again)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.