Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume controls don't work in Messages iOS 8. And music stops playing when I open Messages

My volume buttons don't work when I'm in Messages on iOS 8, I can't change the ringer or headphone volume. More annoyingly music stops playing when I open Messages, but I can start it again. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 10:27 PM

6 replies

Sep 19, 2014 6:11 AM in response to crlylespam

For all of you, the first thing to do when these things happen after an update, is to close all your open apps and reset. This will cure your ills 99.9% of the time:

Close all open apps by double-tapping the home button, then swiping up and off the screen with the app window (not the smaller icon).

Reset your device: hold down the home button along with the sleep/wake button until the screen goes black and you see the Apple, then let go. (No data loss)

Volume controls don't work in Messages iOS 8. And music stops playing when I open Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.