Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove iOS 8 and get back iOS 7?

I recently downloaded iOS 8 without researching much... I have an iPhone 4s and noticed it was fairly laggy after i had downloaded the new software. I looked online and many websites said that the 4s could not handle iOS 8. I had backed up my phone to iTunes before downloading iOS 8. I tried to erase my phone and restore it, but it continues to give me iOS 8. Some websites suggested downloading the software from the internet but i would prefer to avoid that as i don't know which websites are legit. I just want iOS 7.1.2 back! Please help! Thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 11:56 PM

16 replies

Sep 21, 2014 6:58 AM in response to wegras

I Up graded using wifi. somethings were not working right so I had to back up my device and start again. So now it's running ios8 properly and still can't use hdmi cable. Really annoying when you can't connect to tv to watch movies.

Sep 24, 2014 12:28 AM in response to Richiepem

No Apple have never supported the downgrading of iOS. If you have upgraded to iOS8 then that is what your phone is set to by default. All your firmware was upgraded as well. Try some troubleshooting tips on these forums. As yet I have neither had nor seen any issues with iOS8 on any devices, even the older devices such as iPhone4S and iPad2

Pete

Sep 24, 2014 5:01 PM in response to fsufan95

I am having problems and i Have a 4s and an IPad Air. I can't make calls from my phone. I also can't connect in my car on bluetooth. My Ipad which i have never had any problems with just freezes and then shuts down. It is Very frustrating and I can only hope they come out with a fix SOON. I was going to go get a 6 this weekend but now i'm kind of hearing bad things about it as well.

How can I remove iOS 8 and get back iOS 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.