Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS8 update for iPhone5 failed then a logo of cable connecting to itunes appear...help!!!

I was updating my iPhone5 to iOS8 but after the download and update verification my phone restarted on its own the a message popped out saying that there was an error in updating so i tried updating it again...did it twice but after that it restarded on its own again w/ the logo of cable and itunes and now i cant use my phone anymore...help me!!!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 3:03 AM

7 replies

Sep 18, 2014 3:32 AM in response to soul_eater_aj

I was updating my iphone 5 t IOS8 but after the download and update verification my phone restarted on its own the a message popped out saying that there was a error in updating so I tried updating it again ... i did it twice but ater that it restarted on its own again... the logo of cable and itunes and now i can"t use my phone anymore.. i need help

Sep 18, 2014 4:11 AM in response to Lexiiijadee

I was updating my iphone 5 t IOS8 but after the download and update verification my phone restarted on its own the a message popped out saying that there was a error in updating so I tried updating it again ... i did it twice but ater that it restarted on its own again... the logo of cable and itunes and now i can"t use my phone anymore.. i need to know what options we have

Sep 18, 2014 4:49 AM in response to soul_eater_aj

I'm having the same problem, I tried to update to whatever the last version was as I hadn't got that 33mb update yet, during the process my phone froze. I tried to unfreeze my phone by giving it a hard reboot (holding the home and power button) but now my phone is stuck in recovery mode.

I tried various programs that provide a "recovery mode fix" none worked.

Manually downloaded the latest ipsw as I failed five times from 5AM to try and get iTunes to download the latest version and restore my phone.

When I try to restore to iOS 8 I get "this iPhone could not be restored (error 2003)" and it has been like this for 12 hours. 12 hours I've been without a phone and all I wanted to do was update my software? What a joke. I have no idea how I'm going to fix this as literally everything I have tried has failed.

iOS8 update for iPhone5 failed then a logo of cable connecting to itunes appear...help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.