Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone & iPad connect to iTunes. iTunes work perfectly with these.

When iPhone & iPad connect to iTunes it freezes and i get the spinning beach ball. iTunes works perfectly when these devices are not connected. I have tried opening iTunes both with the iPhone & iPad and both seem to make it freeze. I have opened iTunes alone and its has worked fine. Can anybody Please help me?

Thank You

iPhone 5s Gold 32GB

iPad with Retina Display 32Gb

Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 4:20 AM

5 replies

Sep 23, 2014 11:06 AM in response to milesy12

Hello milesy12,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

The instructions to create a new user on a Mac or PC can be found in the support article linked to originally.

If the issue does not happen on a different computer, or no other computer is available to try

It can be useful to determine if the issue affects a specific computer user account or all accounts.
Follow the steps below for your operating system to create a new user account to test.

Windows XP

1. From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
  2. Open User accounts.
  3. Select Create a new account and follow the instructions to complete the account setup process.
  4. Once the new account is created, choose Log Off from the Start menu.
  5. Log in to the newly created user account.
  6. Open iTunes and determine whether the issue you were experiencing persists in this new user.

Windows Vista or Windows 7

1. From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
  2. Open Add or remove user accounts (If using the Classic View in Windows Vista, open User Accounts. Then open Manage another account).
  3. Select Create a new account and follow the instructions to complete the account setup process.
  4. Once the new account is created, choose Log Off from the Start menu.
  5. Log in to the newly created user account.
  6. Open iTunes and determine whether the issue you were experiencing persists in this new user.

Mac OS X

1. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
  2. Click Accounts.
  3. Click the Add (+) button below the list of accounts.
  4. Choose a type of account from the New Account pop-up menu. Make the new account an administrator.
  5. Enter a name for the account.
  6. Click Create Account.
  7. Click the Apple () menu and then choose Log out.
  8. When the login screen appears, log in to the new user you just created.
  9. Open iTunes and determine whether the issue you were experiencing persists in this new user.

iTunes: May become unresponsive when connecting iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You may then continue the troubleshooting steps in the article.

Take care,

Alex H.

iPhone & iPad connect to iTunes. iTunes work perfectly with these.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.