Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 update for iOS 8 crash my iPad 2, iPad went into recovery mode I lost all my stuff that was on it why that happen ?

I Have the iPad 2, download the update iOS 8, but when I tap to install it, it crash my iPad 2 and made it go into recovery mode, why did that happen ? If the update wasn't for the iPad 2 why send the software I mean it crash my iPad 2 I have no song no apps it's all gone, and I don't understand why the update crash my iPad like that, my iPad 2 mite not recover or update because of the new iOS 8 update, I'm very upset please can someone give me a answer for this.

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.2, Update crash iOS 8 my iPad

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 4:38 AM

8 replies

Sep 18, 2014 8:24 AM in response to raymond73

yes i I would of been satisfied that I drop it, and broke my iPad then the update crashing my Ipad 2. Because at least I know I did it, the apps I purchase iI'm not that upset about, but there's one app since I had to reset it to factory as new and update, I didn't want to reset it to factory setting, but I had no choice. I lost a lot of memerie. lesson learn next time I will update all my stuff on my PC to prevent this happening to me again. Never had a problem with pass update it was this update, that teach me a lesson, u can not always be computer free when it come to update any apple device.

iPad 2 update for iOS 8 crash my iPad 2, iPad went into recovery mode I lost all my stuff that was on it why that happen ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.