Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera not working with iOS 8 on iPhone 5

I've just updatet my iPhone 5 for iOS 8. It works fine, but the camera is not. It's all black (other camera apps are not working either). I've tried to restore, turn on/off and even downgrade. The camera works with iOS 7, but not iOS 8, so it's a software problem. How can I fix it?

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 5:22 AM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2014 8:44 PM in response to Sandi Mcfarland

I have exactly same problem. I did soft reset, restore, and everything else. I have even tried to restore to 7.1.2. But it was two days passed Apple allowed to restore. So i went even further. I switched my iPhone 5 screen to my daughter's phone which is running on 7.1.1 and works fine. When I put her screen with camera on mine that running on iOS 8, it doesn't work. So, it is definitely a software issue. Apple should fix this immediately. Btw, mine back cam works fine, only front cam has problem.

Camera not working with iOS 8 on iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.