Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Long loading times for Safari on iPad Air with iOS8

I've had long loading times in Safari sInce upgrading to iOS8 on my iPad Air 128 GB. Are any of you having the same experience?

iPad Air-OTHER, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 6:59 AM

3 replies

Sep 26, 2014 2:16 PM in response to peterfromviborg

I have this on iPad Air & iPad mini - switching off the iCloud Safari settings has helped a bit.... Switching to using Chrome, just a big shame Firefox isn't available on IOS.

I am getting so much grief from my wife about how poor this upgrade has been.... My next tablet (like my phone) will be running Android....

sorry CrApple but you should use your cash pile to fund some good testing!

Sep 30, 2014 2:49 PM in response to WynP2

Sometimes I question myself, how come that iOS being held in beta for over quarter or even over a half a year, and most certainly long enough in alpha, still comes out so much raw and buggy every release? Sometimes it feels like it's only getting worse concerning the debugging.

I wanted to address the HR manager of the Apple Inc. to query him/her about HIS/HER dedication to the overall work being done. Why, the ****, does Safari get slow, why, the ****, is it unpredictable to define whether a sound stream in Safari's tab will end upon tab closure or not. Morever, why do iPhone iMessages fail to mark a message or a chain as a read one even thought you just really did it. Beyond that miriad of similar questions I have just another three, since when is it official Apple support position to advise you to wipe out your device and install everything back from iTunes, not the cloud? But what is more important, how come that support representative tells you first to back up your buggy iPad, wipe it out and restore from that backup both with iTunes? Finally, we all know how Apple does cherish it's developers, can somebody tell me how, for heavens sake, this website ever possible to exist then — Texts From Xcode?

I don't want neither need to mention that switching between tabs in iOS7 (I have had no chance to test it in iOS8) in Safari never gave you any sure answer whether your tab will be reloaded when you get back or not: whether have you copy any post before leaving, to paste back on return or not.

After all I do still love Apple, I do love people's ideas. I do love the overall outcome, but I want to tell Mr. Cook one phrase I heard when I used to be a head of a department in a medium size company and had to deal with continuous fails of the personnel and most often ended up doing much things myself, it was not the exact situation as with Apple although I hope you can trace a path: If a manager has to do anything besides managing he or she failed to manage one major issue — the personnel one.

Long loading times for Safari on iPad Air with iOS8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.