Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 causing my iPhone 4s to run very slow.

Like many others, i updated my iPhone 4s to iOS 8 yesterday. I immediately noticed that my phone ran extremely slowly with many delays. I'm just wondering if I should revert back to iOS 7 (I'm aware that I have a short window of time for this) or perhaps wait until apple updates ios 8 to run more smoothly on the 4s like they did with one of the early iOS 7 updates. Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 6:25 AM

It has been well documented that the 4S, while supporting iOS 8, would suffer a performance degradation. If you find the cons of iOS 8 outweighing the pros, perhaps downgrading until a later date would be a good idea. Given all the new features in iOS 8, I wouldn't expect a later patch to "fix it" for 4S's.

7 replies

Sep 18, 2014 6:44 AM in response to jonnyp88

I am on a 4S (until Friday 🙂 myself) and I would agree that there is definitely some lag on the 4S under iOS 8. Specifically, I notice that while in iMessage it seems slower to respond to keyboard input. Perhaps the new addition of the predictive wording caused that. However, at this time, the benefits appear to outweigh the costs for me. Your results may vary.

iOS 8 causing my iPhone 4s to run very slow.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.