Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal hotspot does not show up after iOS 8 upgrade.

Hi,

I have just upgraded my os version to iOS 8 but some how my personal hotspot does not seem to work. I have no idea where it has gone.

I have even tried restoring it from itunes.

Please see if you can help me out.

Thanks,

Pradeep K.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2017 8:55 AM

i try search mobile networks , my phone is on ios 7 but then since i thought it only available on ios 8 and up then i update till ios 10, now i can't find mobile network.

if you can't find it like me

choose cellular > cellular data options > cellular data network > fill in the "personal hotspot" , enter what ever you want in the APN , username , password column > back 1x > you'll se personal hotspot button below the cellular data options

personal hotspot > click the white button until it switch on and turns green > back > you'll see personal hotspot bellow the cellular 😊

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2017 8:55 AM in response to synap

i try search mobile networks , my phone is on ios 7 but then since i thought it only available on ios 8 and up then i update till ios 10, now i can't find mobile network.

if you can't find it like me

choose cellular > cellular data options > cellular data network > fill in the "personal hotspot" , enter what ever you want in the APN , username , password column > back 1x > you'll se personal hotspot button below the cellular data options

personal hotspot > click the white button until it switch on and turns green > back > you'll see personal hotspot bellow the cellular 😊

Sep 18, 2014 12:55 PM in response to synap

I had the same problem, my Personal Hotspot tab on my wifi+cellular iPad Air just disappeared after upgrading to iOS 8. I tried everything from turning my data on and off, LTE on and off, roaming on and off, reset APN settings, reset all network settings, turned the iPad off and back on, removed the SIM card and reinserted it...nothing worked until I went into Settings > Mobile Data > APN Settings and set my carrier's APN setting the same under the Personal Hotspot heading as it was under the Mobile Data heading.

Immediately after this my Personal Hotspot tab reappeared beneath Mobile Data and I was able to use my iPad air as a hotspot again. Hope this helps. Just for the record I use Vodafone in India as my service provider and the correct APN setting under both Mobile Data and Personal Hotspot is "iphone"

Edit: Try entering anything under your "Personal Hotspot" APN Settings and it should give you back your Personal Hotspot tab. Then all you need to do is turn the Personal Hotspot back on again!

Sep 22, 2014 6:25 PM in response to synap

When I upgraded to iOS 8, I noticed that tethering on my Mac stopped working on Wind Mobile. After looking around for it, I found out how to enable it again, simply copy the values from the Cellular Data APN to the Personal Hotspot APN.

1. Start Settings app
  2. Choose Cellular
  3. Choose Cellular Data Network
  4. Copy the settings you have for Cellular Data to Personal Hotspot

When you go back to the Settings app, you should see Personal Hotspot again.

Personal hotspot does not show up after iOS 8 upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.