Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

data lost from pages document after iOS 8 update

I committed a mistake of not taking a backup of my iPhone data before updating to iOS 8,

so when after the iOS update and Pages update I opened the Pages app for the first time,

it asked for resolving conflict between the edited version of the same document as I make editions in my document from time to time and these are updated via iCloud

but when I selected for the latest version of the edition to be kept for resolving the conflict,

I was shocked to get a very old version of my document,

which means I have lost all the material I had put into my document in the last few weeks.

Please help me,

it is very important document on which I have been working for the past 3 months

And tell me if there is some method to retrieve the same data from my Mac with which I sync my iPhone,

may be there is some data stored in the backup in my Mac from the Pages document

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 6:55 AM

12 replies

Jun 24, 2015 10:16 PM in response to IamArunNirmal

I'm having the same problem, but on my iPad and Numbers. I'm a teacher and I just went to compile the final marks for the year, and all the data from their presentations and other information is gone!!! This is unacceptable. This doesn't just affect me, now it affects almost 150 students. I have no idea what I am supposed to do. This is URGENT, URGENT, URGENT!

I sync to iTunes, not iCloud.

It backs up every time I plug in. Is there a way to go back two months in backups and just pull that data? Or would that mean I lose everything I have done since then?

data lost from pages document after iOS 8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.