Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is HomeKit?

I upgraded to iOS8 on my iPhone 5S but cannot find HomeKit, I only see the Health App.

Does HomeKit need to be installed separately? I couldn't find it in the App store

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 7:02 AM

7 replies

Sep 22, 2014 8:23 AM in response to DianeEB

Yes its supposed to be, but again, its done through their own Hue App, which as far as I can tell has not been updated to make use of it. HomeKit is not an independent App, its a framework that Apps can take advantage of to connect to HomeKit enabled devices.

Each App developer chooses what Homekit features it wants to use with its device, and in their App.

Sep 30, 2014 12:12 AM in response to rhn1975

Actually you cant see it as an app. Its developer framework. But you can see it in settings>privacy>location services if you turn ON location services you will see there is an option for homekit to see app which have requested to access home data.

go to settings>privacy> location services> (turn on location services) you will see homekit at the bottom.

Nov 26, 2015 6:49 AM in response to jdwejfb

There is an app for iphone called "home" for HomeKit that has rave reviews (15 bucks) but supposedly incorporates many or all homekit-compatible installed devices. The reviews of this app say it is exactly what users expected to have following homekit release. I understand that homekit is a developer platform and not an app, but, as earlier posts implied, each homekit device seems to have its own iOS app.

I'm trying to install a simple alarm/alert homekit system in November 2015 and still havent even found a Homekit-certified motion sensor. Even the homekit page from Apple mentions 'motion detector" but I still dont even find one I can buy. Telling siri to dim the lights is fine... but where are the products ? LBH

Where is HomeKit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.