Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 will not load iOs 8

I've attempted around 10 x's. It will start the download (saying 26hrs to complete!!) and then time out after about 30 mins. I'm running Maverick on my iMac & MacBook. Thoughts?

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 7:09 AM

1 reply

Sep 20, 2014 8:28 AM in response to LaxMan007

Hi LaxMan007,

Not being able to even download the update (and the reported time to download) imply this is a networking issue.

Has some troubleshooting steps for timeout issues under, "Error -50," "-5000," "8003," "8008," or "-42023"

These alerts occur due to timeouts or conflicts trying to write a file during download.

If you encounter this issue while accessing iTunes Store:

See iTunes 9: "One Moment Please" or "Error (-50)" message when accessing iTunes Store

If you encounter this issue while while downloading something from the iTunes Store:

Delete your iTunes Downloads folder, located in:

Mac OS X:
 ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Downloads Note: "iTunes Media" may appear as "iTunes Music. Also, the tilde (~) refers to your Home directory.

Windows Vista:
 \Users\username\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

Windows 7:
 \Users\username\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

Windows XP:
 \Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

After locating your iTunes Downloads folder:

1. Quit iTunes.
  2. Delete the Downloads folder on your computer.
  3. Open iTunes.
  4. Choose Store > Check for Available Downloads.
  5. Enter your account name and password.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Nubz

iPhone 5 will not load iOs 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.