Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album artwork missing in iTunes after iOS8 update.

all my album artwork in iTunes has disappeared after downloading ios8. my mac iTunes shows it still and i've synced the two devices but still no album artwork seen on my phone. ugh!!

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 7:41 AM

6 replies

Sep 22, 2014 7:09 AM in response to Fredo398

I have the same issue:

With my iPhone 5S. Albums that I purchased through the iTunes store show album artwork, but all the rips of my CDs and music purchased through other sources doesn't show artwork.

Odd that the artwork was there initially then disappeared into thin air. Synching and restarting my iPhone hasn't changed anything. I removed and tried again to no avail.

Sep 26, 2014 7:56 AM in response to bethdelany

I have the same problem on 3 devices. A I-Pod Touch 5, an I-Phone 5 & an I-Phone 5S. Originally my music meta data was missing artwork and metadata was "confused" to say the least. A total restore & reinstall on all three devices helped with the music, although I haven't been able to determine if anything is missing yet, with over 5,000 song files to go through. Even after restoring the software the video/movie artwork is still gone from each device. However, It still exists in I-Tunes. After the problems experienced with IO-7 when the device wouldn't finish a sync with I-Tunes, you'd think that Apple would have gotten their act together this time.

Oct 2, 2014 11:26 PM in response to bethdelany

I also have the same problem, I purchased an album from iTunes before the last update of the IOS. It was working good and with the album artwork. After downloading the last IOS the artwork for this album disappeared suddenly. I delete it from iPhone and redownloaded it through iCloud but still not working. Also I delete it from iPhone and sync it through iTunes but still losing the album artwork 😟

I did tried one last thing; I went to iTunes >> File >> Library >> Get Album Artwork and sync it again but nothing changed.

Album artwork missing in iTunes after iOS8 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.