Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect iPhone 5S to Apple TV using peer-to-peer airplay.

Hi,

I have an iPhone 5S running on iOS 8.0 and an Apple TV model a1427 (early 3rd generation) running on OS 7.0 and it seems impossible for me to connect using peer-to-peer airplay. If I keep my wifi on, it works obviously but this is not what I want because It's very laggy. I already reboot both my phone and my apple TV and it's still not working. When I switch off the wifi, the airplay button is still visible in my screen but when I press it, the apple TV button disappears from the list. I hope somebody can help me! Sorry for the poor English. Not a native speaker.

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 3:50 PM

I'm in the same boat. Apple stealthy updated the Apple TV 3 A1427 to a model A1469. Only the newer Apple TV 3 A1469.supports peer-to-peer.

"Peer-to-peer AirPlay requires a Mac device (2012 or later) running OS X 10.10 or an iOS device (2012 or later) running iOS 8 and an Apple TV third-generation rev A (model A1469) running Apple TV software 7.0."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2014 3:50 PM in response to johanvanerkel

I'm in the same boat. Apple stealthy updated the Apple TV 3 A1427 to a model A1469. Only the newer Apple TV 3 A1469.supports peer-to-peer.

"Peer-to-peer AirPlay requires a Mac device (2012 or later) running OS X 10.10 or an iOS device (2012 or later) running iOS 8 and an Apple TV third-generation rev A (model A1469) running Apple TV software 7.0."

Oct 14, 2014 6:52 PM in response to johanvanerkel

step one. turn on Bluetooth for AppleTV

step two. Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your iOS device

step three. restart your Apple TV.

step four. Pull up your control panel on your iOS device and select AppleTV mirroring

step five. Please let me know if this works for you. It took me about an hour of tinkering

to figure out I had to just restart the AppleTV.

Can't connect iPhone 5S to Apple TV using peer-to-peer airplay.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.