Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8 Family Sharing Issue

After downloading IOS 8, I set up family sharing with my wife...she accepted invitation, verified, etc. Our accounts were not appearing on each other phones. Went through all the troubleshooting - everything set up correctly. I deleted her from my family share and tried again - no luck. I deleted a second time and tried again. Now i have to wait 365 days due to a limitation on how many times you can add the same account. Contacted apple support for a reset - nothing can be done.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8, Family Sharing

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 7:53 AM

3 replies

Sep 20, 2014 6:00 AM in response to raymond73

I have the same problem.

Your solution would be ok if anyones wife/husband is new to apple, but if like most people they allready have an account with purchases they wanted to share then they would have to buy them all again using their new account just so that they can share them with the familiy. I dont know anyone that would want to buy everything again.

I also have a problem where I added our children to them familiy share and enabled Ask To Buy but the requests never get through to me. If I try to approve it on the device they try to buy from by logging in when it asks me to it says a parentt has to give the permission. I created the group, my card details are on there, and i am the only adult in the group.I cannot find anywhere to check if I am a parent on any of the settings pages on my devices, or on itunes on my pc, or the icloud website, or the appleID website.

This familiy share sounded like a good idea, if only apple had got it working before they released it.

IOS 8 Family Sharing Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.