Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 2 iphones on one itunes account. I just upgraded both to ios 8 and now the messages i receive come through to both phones when they used to be seperated. What is going on here?

I have 2 iphones on one itunes account. I just upgraded both to ios 8 and now the messages i receive come through to both phones when they used to be separated. What is going on here?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 8:19 AM

Go to Settings/Messages/Send and Receive and uncheck the email addresses and phone numbers from each phone that you don't want THAT iPhone to receive the messages. Apparently when doing the upgrade to iOS 8, the default is to return to all numbers/emails associated with an Apple ID to be selected again. (I had to do the same thing on two iPhone 5 and two iPad Minis.)

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2014 8:19 AM in response to bwa74

Go to Settings/Messages/Send and Receive and uncheck the email addresses and phone numbers from each phone that you don't want THAT iPhone to receive the messages. Apparently when doing the upgrade to iOS 8, the default is to return to all numbers/emails associated with an Apple ID to be selected again. (I had to do the same thing on two iPhone 5 and two iPad Minis.)

Oct 14, 2014 6:56 PM in response to swandy

I noticed the same problem after upgrading a few iPhones to IOS 8, all use the same Apple ID. However, I now notice when I go into Message and instead of selecting a person from my contact list, I start typing their name which brings up a list of people, some of which are not in my contact list and are on one of the other iPhones. There's a circle/exclamation point next to the name which I click on, and one of the options is to "Remove from Recent". How did these names get from one phone to another and how do I remove all "recents"? They do not appear in my contact list. Anyone see this?

Oct 9, 2015 4:47 PM in response to bwa74

This has happened more recently to me and its because of a new feature in IOS9 called "Calls on other devices"

After I recently upgraded from ios8 both my and my wifes phone would ring on an incoming call. The only difference was that on her phone it said "from iphone'.

I checked this forum and noticed all the suggestions but they didn't seem to work. Then i had a poke around in the settings myself under the phone menu i found "Calls from other devices". This was activated on both phones and was activated by default when the upgrade from ios9 happened. It had listed my wifes phone and my phone respectively on each handset and also included the ipad for good measure. I imagine this new setting was incorporated to pair with the iWatch.

I switched this off and the problem was fixed.

I have 2 iphones on one itunes account. I just upgraded both to ios 8 and now the messages i receive come through to both phones when they used to be seperated. What is going on here?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.