Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I be sure someone's received my email?

I need to send an email to a solicitor who, apparently, has a habit of claiming not to have received emails when it suits him.

I was therefore wondering if there's any was to track an email to the recipient's inbox so that I can at least challenge them if they say it didn't arrive.

Thanks.

17" G4 Powerbook, G4 dual 500., Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 8:46 AM

Apple Mail itself does not have a way to request receipts. Some email providers have that service, but all that can do is note delivery. Not if it was opened. The only reliable, legal means is to use regular mail and signature upon delivery.

6 replies

Sep 18, 2014 10:14 AM in response to BDAqua

Yes, I read about some stuff you can do in a terminal window, but if it's still in the hands if the recipient it's pointless.

I think what I'd imagined was an automated response, similar to the way messaging apps tell you something has been seen or that someone is typing. But thinking about it, it would be a huge invasion of privacy. I wouldn't want every sender of every piece of spam to know what I'd done with it!

How can I be sure someone's received my email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.