Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After recent IOS update, my Pages documents are missing?

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 8:56 AM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2015 7:23 AM in response to Imanp

I have posted this to a couple of other posts & will repost here too ...

Hi, I too had this problem just recently & I managed to get my Pages files back after some panic. This is how I got them back onto my iPad Mini .....:

How to get your Pages files back after an update deleted them: (for iPad/iPad Mini anyway although I assume it will be the same for iPhone too, but not sure) This seems to be the simplest way to do it, but you do need to have an existing backup of them in order for this to work. If you don't happen to have a backup then I'm not sure if it will work although you could try the same method just in case there is any sort of copy of it somewhere. (This is also why it is a good idea to always do some kind of regular backup, especially if you make changes to your files just in case of any kind of glitch)

As long as you have an iCloud or other backup through your laptop/computer you can do a search in Finder as “Pages” files. that will bring up any files you may have that were done in Pages, just sort them as “Kind/Type” & it will show you all files that were a Pages file.

In order to get them back onto your iPad, first make a new folder on your desktop & name it whatever you want to identify it (I made mine as “iPad pages files”). Then you go back to the finder window with your files you want to transfer & you highlight the files you want & then either right click & select ‘Copy” & paste over to your new folder or by the keyboard just use “Command Copy” then “Command Paste”, as you can’t just click on them & drag them over as that will “move” them & you don’t want to do that or you will lose your backup. After this process you will now have two of the same files as one will be still the “Cloud” version & then the added ones in your new desktop folder.

Then in order to get them back into Pages on your iPad you email the files to yourself & open “Mail” on your iPad, open the new message & then click the attached files one by one & choose to “Save to Pages” option in the popup. Voila! your files should all be back in your Pages when you open it back up.

This method worked for me, so I hope this helps all of you that have also lost their files after an update too.

Good luck to all!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.