Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multitasking gestures are not responsive with my iPad after updated to iOS 8

after updated my iPad mini retina display to iOS 8 somehow or sometime the multitasking gestures are not responsive, such as I can not swipe four finger or pinch four finger, are there any one have the same problem ?

iPad mini (Retina) Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 8:59 AM

20 replies

Sep 20, 2014 5:29 AM in response to Netral

I have the same problem with my iPad after upgrading to iOS 8. I am trying a full restore to see if that helps.

Note: No special keyboards involved as one commenter suggested. And trying to perform a 4- or 5-finger Multitasking Gesture more slowly as another user suggested does not work for me and is not a fix.

The only real way around it is to toggle the option off and back on in System Preferences (restarting and hard restarting are not required and do nothing to keep the issue from returning).

This is happening for all variants of iPads and iPad minis.

I have created Bug 18403607 with logs. If you have an Apple Developer account, go to http://bugreport.apple.com/ and file your own Bug and reference mine (or just reference mine), and attach your iPad's logs. Be sure to attach your logs (the form includes instructions).

The best way to make Apple aware of a bug like this is to file a Bug and get their attention based on volume of standalone Bugs or references to existing Bugs.

Sep 20, 2014 12:51 PM in response to Ale76

It's a bug that Apple will fix if there is a Bug for them to check a fix in for when it comes to the "next release" or any future update for iOS 8. Since Apple does not necessarily monitor these threads, and only creates fixes for bugs that have been logged by them and the user community, I encourage anyone affected by this issue to take a couple of minutes to file a new Bug with Apple via http://bugreport.apple.com

multitasking gestures are not responsive with my iPad after updated to iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.