Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts not syncing with family sharing

I created a family sharing scenario and my contacts are not syncing with my devices.

If I log into icloud.com on the web, my contacts are there

On my individual devices contacts are turned on.

What can we do get my devices to pull the contact information down from icloud

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 10:37 AM

6 replies

Sep 28, 2014 2:07 PM in response to JVCMQ

I too, shared an iCloud with my husband. I just put us into separate iClouds and the family sharing program. We like to use the notes app to write grocery lists and camping lists etc. I noticed when I switched to family sharing that they would not now share acrossed all 4 of our devices. What I did to work around all of that was I now use my yahoo notes and contacts lists like I did the iCloud when we had the same iCloud. I put the default account on both notes and contacts as Yahoo. That way it would share acrossed all four devices like it used to when it was in iCloud. If I want to share a note or contact with just my phone and iPad then I write it in the iCloud and it just shares between my two devices. Gmail also has the notes and contacts list function. I didn't have any issues with the Calendar I just set the default calendar to family calendar.This worked really well for us, I hope it works for other people as well.

May 22, 2015 5:58 PM in response to david.menzel

Is there a way to have these features suggested for a future release. I am not at all happy that I can't keep track of my kid's contacts (as well as easily share contacts I create/update that he should be on, too. Nor can we share lists/reminders I create for him. Family calendar is great but I set up several that he needs to be on and I'm comfortable with him knowing my schedule. This is a pretty limited tool especially for younger kids or those of us that still feel the need to monitor our kids closely (admitted helicopter parent).

Is my other option to only sync my son's phone on iTunes and continue to use my Apple ID for both of us? The only issue I had that made me switch was his phone looked like it was me and he changed my address card to read "Calvin Johnson." Big Fail!

Contacts not syncing with family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.