Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete pictures from my moments off the new IOS8

How can I delete pictures from my moments off the new IOS8 when it doesnt give me the option to delete the photo itself? The icon of the trash doesnt appear what so ever. This is the only thing im dissapointed in the IOS8 update. Theres not even a camera roll where you can delete the photo like the IOS7

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 11:16 AM

4 replies

Sep 18, 2014 1:28 PM in response to babyycynn

Another way is to tap the Select button in the upper right hand corner of the Moments view and then tap on the photos you want to delete. Finally tap on the Trash bin in the lower right hand corder of the window.

Note: the photos are not totally removed from the iPhone but are relocated in the Recently Deleted album for 30 days. You can remove them immediately from the iPhone by going to the Recently Deleted album, tap on Select and on the photo(s) and then on the Delete button..

User uploaded file User uploaded file

User uploaded file

May 4, 2015 11:00 PM in response to babyycynn

Try this:

1. Start from the homescreen of your Iphone/pod (for dummies: where all of your "apps" are).

2. Look for an app on your homescreen titled "Photos", when you find it - Click it.

3. When the app opens, go ahead and look towards the bottom of your phonescreen.

You should see a navigation with three different options;

"Photos", "Shared" & "Albums"; Why don't you just go ahead and click on "Albums", there we go - Very nice!

4. On the next screen that appears, it should display your different albums.

Look for "Recently Deleted", and when you find it - Click on it.

It should be on that list somewhere (or there's a problem!).

5. Now you should see a screen displaying all of the recent photos you've deleted.

The term we know as "recent" to iOS is thirty days (that's 720 hours in people-time!).

You will have to click to each individual photo, however at the bottom left-hand cornor of every photo take notice of the 'Delete' option.

You're welcome. 😉

Nov 17, 2015 8:52 AM in response to Xenophontis

The guy is asking how to permanently delete the photos from "Moments", not the camera roll.

He also already told you that the trash can isn't available.

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone 5 iOS 9.1. I've found instructions and videos showing you how to select the Collections in Moments, and they all say you then just click the trash can -- BUT THE TRASH CAN IS DIMMED OUT AND NOT AVAILABLE TO USE.

I found another post saying you need to "Repair the Photo Library", but apparently that only applies to Macs and I'm on Windows.

<Edited by Host>

How can I delete pictures from my moments off the new IOS8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.