Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't rearrange share sheet icons(Share extensions)!

Can somebody tell me if it is just me facing the problem?

This newly added feature, share extensions seems to have a bug in holding their positions. Yes, when I rearrange these icons they revert back to their original positions. They don't seem to hold their positions on closing and opening the app. At first I observed this behaviour in both Photos and Safari. Then on checking I found that it is same everywhere.

Is there anything that I should be? Else is this a bug in the system itself?

User uploaded file

iPad, iOS 8, iPad Air

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 11:38 AM

13 replies

May 3, 2017 11:28 AM in response to deepu1001

In case anybody is still having this problem, I was able to resolve it through Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. I know it sounds a bit scary, but it's not all that harmful. See https://drfone.wondershare.com/reset-iphone/must-know-tips-about-iphone-reset-al l-settings.html for more information. Anyway, after I did that, I was able to move my share sheet icons around again.

Oct 14, 2014 5:24 PM in response to PeterK44

Instapaper was updated today. Now, when I open a browser and select Share, Pocket appears before Instapaper. If I change the order so Instapaper precedes Pocket and then close the browser (either Safari or Chrome), the order on the share sheet reverts to Pocket before Instapaper. It appears that the sort order of the extensions is determined by order of installation of the apps.

Can't rearrange share sheet icons(Share extensions)!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.