Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps crashing in iOS 8 even apps made for iOS 8

Hi All,

Today I updated my iPad 4 to iOS 8 and lots of apps are crashing. Ok, I understand that apps designed for iOS 7 crashes bet not apps made for iOS 8, like Zen Garden or 3rd party keyboard Stack. So app Zen Garden starts loading like for 3-5 sec and then crashes, like most of iOS 7 apps. I try hold POWER + HOME BUTTON but that didn't help. Please give me some advice on what to do.

Thanks in advance!

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 12:25 PM

13 replies

Sep 18, 2014 2:06 PM in response to a.soldatovs

The first thing to try is resetting your iPad. HOld down the sleep and home keys for about 20 seconds. When you see the silver apple, let go and let it reboot and then try again.

Then you can try to force close the apps, forcing them to reboot and maybe fixing the issue. Double tap the home button. Flick the preview for all the apps up and off the screen until all you have left is the home page preview. Tap on that then try to reopen your apps again.

The last thing to do is a restore. You back up your device, then erase all content and settings, then restore from the backup you just made. If you've backed everything up you won't lose any data but you give both the apps and the iOS a clean slate.

Sep 27, 2014 2:11 PM in response to bourst

I Have the first generation iPad mini I have all the above issues plus some. Zen garden crashes every time and I have done very possible thing to fix it. I restored my iPad back to ios 7.1.2. Users should NOT have to restore there devices just to make an update work this is one of the many design flaws in apples ios software that is coming back to haunt them. I am a windows, Apple, android, linux, ect user so my opinion is not biased On one os. I am just simply stating the truth. hopefully Apple can get there software together and make a stable version of iOS 8.

Apps crashing in iOS 8 even apps made for iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.