Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instagram is finding / can see photos, that have been deleted on iOS8

Hi

Can somebody please explain how Instagram has access to photos I've deleted a while ago - before I even upgraded to iOS8?

I'm attaching a couple of photos of what I am seeing.

The first photo shows the new interface in the iPhone's native photo app, which has the, "Recently Added" layout.

User uploaded file

Now the second photo:...

Now when I go into Instagram, and click on the "Recently Added" album to load a photo into the app, instead of having just the recently added, it has my entire camera roll. It has more photos that were actually in my camera roll - this includes photos that have been deleted. I cannot even see these deleted photos when going through the iPhone's native photo app so how has Instagram have access to these "deleted" photos?

Here is the screenshot:

User uploaded file

Theres obvious security issues here and I'm not sure if this is a bug? I tried to Tweet Instagram but it looks like they never reply on there and they don't have a help email address so I'm hoping someone here can explain this to me?

Thanks

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 1:33 PM

2 replies

Sep 26, 2014 1:42 PM in response to nishrons

I've noticed this too. The only thing I can think of is that Instagram or the Recently Added folder is somehow accessing Photostream?

It's pretty annoying, because I usually take multiple pics then choose the best one and the delete the rest when posting to instagram. Now all the deleted ones and even doubles for the ones in Recently Added are still there.

Instagram is finding / can see photos, that have been deleted on iOS8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.