Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not possible to wake up AppleTV with remote App

Just updated to iOS8, and my ATV3 just got the latest update. Remote App also updated today.

After all these updates, I can still control my ATV3 with my iPhone using the Remote App.

BUT: when ATV3 is put to sleep, it does not show up under "units" when I start the Remote App. I only see my iTunes library. If I wake up the ATV3 using the ordinary remote control, then it shows up in the "units" section of the remote App.

It was not like this before the updates. Then ATV3 would show up in the "units" section even when it was "sleeping".

Any ideas?

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 2:34 PM

16 replies

Oct 10, 2014 11:16 AM in response to R C-R

Thanks to both of you, but it simply doesn't work for me.

Remote Version is 4.2.1

iOS Version is 7.1.2

ATV got a SW update recently. It is directly connected to the WLAN Router.

When ATV has fallen asleep it does not show up as available device in Remote.

So there is no Icon to tap on anymore. It has also disappeared from the local IP address scheme.Sometimes later it might show up again by accident, but completely unpredictable.

Everything worked fine before ATV and Remote got the SW update for iOS8 support.

Oct 13, 2014 4:18 AM in response to viking bear

I have the same problem

After update AppleTV to 7.0, all my devices iphone5s,(IOS8), iPad2(IOS7.1), iMac can not see airplay icon only after push on remote control, enable/disable wifi or ping to ApleTV.

I tried many attempts such as: reset, restart, change ip, set ip manually and automaticaly, set AppleTV on "never sleep", and nothing.

What more can I try ?

Thank you

Nov 28, 2014 2:23 PM in response to viking bear

Hi!

I have the same problem! In addition to not being able to my iPhone not being able to wake up Apple TV anymore, I have just found out another problem. Before the new update, I could use my iPhone to send Youtube video from the phone to the Apple TV, and then, continue to work on my iPhone while the Youtube app would work in the background. Now, as soon as iPhone goes to sleep, or as soon as I start using it to text or do email, or whatever, the transmission stop. No more Youtube and I have to go back to the YouTube app in my iPhone. Has this happened to you also?

Thanks!

Nov 29, 2014 1:44 AM in response to Pedro Perez

Hi

No. In this moment I writing to you while I listen a videoclip on AppleTV from the iPhone.

I have iPhone 6, ios 8.1 and the last update on AppleTV3.

I recommand to you have the last update for the both devices and verify your settings on the phone about running in background the apps.

Other problem may be from the youtube app. Check if you have the last youtube version, that is very important.

All the best

Not possible to wake up AppleTV with remote App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.