Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airprint iOS 8

I cannot airprint anymore on my Samsung printer with iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 5:25 PM

Me either. AirPrint was working fine before the IOS 8 upgrade, now I can't print to any of the 3 printers that used to work.

107 replies

Sep 18, 2014 5:52 PM in response to Demo

I have restarted everything. AirPrint is broken on our iPad 4 and iPad Air. The printer, a Dell B1260dn, prints an exception report. Two other printers (HPs) that used to work with AirPrint don't receive the print jobs at all. When the "Printing" dialog comes up on the iPad, it shows "contacting printer" for a bit, then goes away. This is definitely an IOS 8 problem. (Air)printing was flawless before the upgrade.

Sep 18, 2014 6:03 PM in response to MADean

Dear MADean,

I tried a few other prints and it looks like the printing problem comes from the Apple imbeded applications, since i cannot print from the Mail and Safari applications.

I can print my notes in the Notes application and i can print from my Samsung printer Application.

The new iOS 8 printing application doesn't look to be working. Hope their will be a fix soon, since i print a lot with my iPad.

Note that i have Word, Excel and PowerPoint and cannot print with these Aps either.

Sep 18, 2014 5:59 PM in response to Demo

Dear Demo,

Done all these and also restarted my Airport modem, it still doesn't work, as i mentionned to MADean, i can print from Notes and from my Samsung printer Ap. So everything is properly satup. The only problem i can see is a configuration airprint problem in iOS 8. Hope to get this fixed fast, i need to print some e-mails before i get to work tomorow morning. Thanks for you help !

Sep 18, 2014 6:01 PM in response to MADean

I Have an HP PhotoSmart 7520 printer and I have had no issues at all printing from any of the Apple preinstalled apps or the two 3rd party apps that I have tried printing from. It may be an "iOS 8 problem" but I am not experiencing any issues with the apps that I have tried. Perhaps some research on the printer manufacturer websites might prove to be beneficial.

It will be interesting to see how many other users post with printing issues.

Sep 18, 2014 6:07 PM in response to Demo

I have an HP Photosmart 6510 printer that worked fine before IOS8. I've tried everything. The HP app that worked so great before doesn't even recognize my printer now and I can't print from email, Ibooks (a PDF), iPages, not anything. Hoping Apple sees this and makes a fix. My IPad wifi and Hp printer are on the same wifi.

Sep 18, 2014 6:19 PM in response to samfromquebec

IF I can make a suggestion to one and all, submit bug reports to Apple. You can do so here on the feedback website.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

You you can select Bug Report under the Feedback Type menu. This site has not been updated to select iOS 8 yet, but just include your iOS in the comments section. Bear in mind that you will most certainly not hear back from Apple, but at least you can let them know what is going on.

Sep 19, 2014 11:51 AM in response to samfromquebec

I Initially had the same problem with my IPad Air. After installing iOS8, I couldn't find my HP Envy AirPrint printer. I reset my iPad, by holding down the on/off button and home button until the Apple logo reappears. I then checked that my printer had the latest HP software update, and restarted it too. Now it works fine. My wife never had any problem finding the HP with her iPhone 5s after the 8 update. Hope this works for you.

Airprint iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.