Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug in IOS 8 'Quick Response to Notification'

Dear Team,

There is a bug in Bug in IOS 8 'Quick Response to Notification' released in new iOS 8. When trying to reply a notification message and while typing a reply, if mistakenly finger touches the screen outside the keypad, then all the typed message is gone and I cannot retrieve the typed message. There is no sync between messages and 'Quick Response to Notification'.

regards

Jyothsna

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 6:21 AM

I am also facing the same problem. The message I was trying to type was disappeared from the screen and its not saved no where as a draft. Apple has to resolve this issue. Good find.

18 replies

Sep 21, 2014 9:26 PM in response to Black Buddah

I'm having all type of issues with the Keyboard and quick response. The keyboard doesn't show sometimes. Other times the message doesn't send. Even in the regular messages app, a message has sent to a completely different person than I was texting bc I had an incoming text. I have some glitches on my iPad also. I feel like this is the worst experience that I have had with ios since the beginning. I hope these issues are resolved and soon.

Sep 30, 2014 10:36 PM in response to iViper-V

I'm glad I'm not the only one having keyboard issues. How do we get Apple to look at this? Yes going from portrait to landscape mode when in iMessage, the screen can lag...sometimes the keyboard looks all jacked up, like half width.....sometimes when typing a response to someone the keys just don't respond to touch. The only way to get it to work is to close out/swipe out iMessage. It's been extremely annoying.

Feb 24, 2015 3:02 PM in response to Jyoshar

I am also having similar problems. iphone 5S iOS 8.1.3

sometimes when I do quick reply to a message the keyboard does not show up, other times the keyboard appears but I can not click any keys or the microphone. But any time they keyboard does happen to appear and is working if I click outside of the text box the message is instantly erased. That's not so much a problem with me as the fact that more than half the time the keyboard doesn't even appear.

May 26, 2015 6:55 AM in response to Jyoshar

Hello apple I have the same problem like them. My iphone 5 ios 8.3 having problem in quick reply message banner when i pull down to reply to a message the keyboard does not show up and sometimes when the keyboard appears i can not click any keys. When I restart the phone or reset it fixes only for a short time after few minutes its broke again. Please fix this. Thank you

Bug in IOS 8 'Quick Response to Notification'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.