Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my wife's iPhone ring when I get a call on my iPhone? The same for her. Just updated both to ios8.

Why does my wife's iPhone ring when I get a call on my iPhone? Same for her phone calls ringing on my iphone. How do I stop it?

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 5:44 PM

13 replies

Sep 23, 2014 2:41 PM in response to tewilmer

I just solved this same problem; my iPhone incoming calls were ringing on both my and my wife's iPhones. We were both sharing my Apple ID. Instead now with the new iOS8 you need to have separate Apple ID's.

-Need to create a separate Apple ID.

-Under Settings/iTunes & App Store, click on the Apple ID at the top, then sign out.

-Sign in using the new Apple ID

-Under Settings/General, go to bottom and click on Reset, then click on Reset Network Settings

-The phone will go through a reboot, but everything else on the phone will remain intact.

You can test by calling the number and see that it only rings on the appropriate phone.

If you're still having problems, try calling technical support from your cellular provider.

Oct 20, 2014 10:09 AM in response to TimHess81

TimHess81 wrote:

What are the implications of turning this setting off? I assume it's related to the new feature of taking calls on iPads, but was not sure.

Turning it off means only your iPhone will ring when you get a call, so if you have an iPad or Mac that you want to use this feature with, you'd be disabling it. So if you want to use this new feature, using separate iCloud IDs is how you separate two or more iPhones from one incoming call.

Why does my wife's iPhone ring when I get a call on my iPhone? The same for her. Just updated both to ios8.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.