Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 7.1 blocks all keyboard input in Flash app

Safari 7.1 on OSX 10.9.5 blocks any and all keyboard input for FlashPlayer applications!! Everything worked fine until the upgrade to Safari 7.1 and OSX 10.9.5. Tried FlashPlayer 14 and the latest 15 -- still no keyboard input, not even in debug mode (I'm a developer of enterprise apps for browsers).

The same app still works just fine in Firefox and Google Chrome! Is this just a mishap on Apple's side? Or just another hit to kill off the most productive computer language I've ever used (and I used Apple's own Objective-C as well)??

Come on Apple! I love you guys and use your products a lot, but is this really necessary for the most powerful and valuable company in the world -- to hurt a language with such tricks that doesn't do you any harm at all?? This makes you look more like the "PC guy" from your own former commercials (instead of the lovable "Mac guy") ...

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Safari 7.1

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 5:36 PM

8 replies

Safari 7.1 blocks all keyboard input in Flash app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.