Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi Sync doesn't work since iOS 8 update

I have to plug in to sync. Didn't have a problem with iOS 7.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 5:31 PM

27 replies

Sep 19, 2014 8:49 AM in response to callaway

I have the same problem. I can sync if I plug my iPad Air in, but not over wifi. I've tried checking and unchecking the wifi sync option, rebooting my computer, rebooting the device ... nothing works.

Wifi sync is just completely broken by iOS 8 for me. It worked fine after upgrading to iTunes 11.4 with iOS 7, but the upgrade to 8 broke it. I'm on OS X 10.9.5, and my iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.2 still syncs perfectly over wifi.

Disappointing that iOS 8 is another buggy x.0 release from Apple.

Sep 22, 2014 7:13 AM in response to BigNavy505

I see you try it! It worked after you restarted your device. It's may brake after you make a app store purchase or download! First time I did a restart on the device get to sync with iTunes again! Second time did it, iTunes wasn't running on my Mac desktop. I launched iTunes and all my iOS devices sync up! I don't how long it will last, only time with tell! I hope they fix it in the next updates!

WiFi Sync doesn't work since iOS 8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.