Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios8 Podcast App Problems

I have an iPhone 5c, stopped using the podcast app ages ago but now it has been automatically downloaded to my phone with the ios8 update. Ok, whatever, thanks for sucking up space, but whatever. My problem: every time I shut off cellular data for this app that I will never use it keeps turning itself back on. I have turned it off by going to Setiings -> Cellular. I have turned it off in the Podcast App settings directly. I exit, go back in & it is turned back on. I changed all of the defaults so nothing syncs or downloads but I hate worrying the app is going to use any of my data. An

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 8:02 PM

5 replies

Sep 21, 2014 12:11 PM in response to Mark Entel

Hey Mark Entel,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like the setting for using cellular data on this app keeps turning back on. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be able to help you resolve or isolate the issue.

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

May 24, 2015 12:47 PM in response to Mark Entel

Not sure if you ever got this resolved but I upgraded to 8.3 a couple of days ago and suddenly had the same problem. Did a chat session with an Apple technician and got the solution:

Settings\Podcasts\Only Download on Wi-Fi.....turn this ON. It doesn't matter if you turn "Use Cellular Data" OFF because the "Only Download on Wi-Fi" will override the cellular data setting. Anyway, turning cellular data OFF still will not stick. Hopefully a future update will fix this....? We can only hope.

You can then test your settings by turning wi-fi OFF and trying to download (or even search for) a Podcast. It should not work until you turn wi-fi back on.

Hope this helps.

ios8 Podcast App Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.