Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

postgreSQL broken fatally with Server 3.2.1

Apple Gurus - the Server 3.2.1 update really and truly breaks postgreSQL - can any of you software superstars that work for Apple please help get this fixed?

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 8:38 PM

3 replies

Sep 19, 2014 12:07 AM in response to TonyPHX_623

It's difficult to say what might be wrong from your description. 😉 However, Server 3.2.1 upgraded PostgreSQL from 9.2.x to 9.3.x, and one of the configuration keys changed (from "unix_socket_directory" to "unix_socket_directories"). You might need to make sure and old configuration files are updated to use unix_socket_directories. You only need to change the key, the value can stay exactly the same.

Sep 19, 2014 6:40 AM in response to mscott_mdm

I agree with the defect that you note, but one other observation I have made...

If you do a clean install of Mavericks and Server, they have dramatically changed the PostgreSQL directory structure. What we have seen from a migration standpoint is totally different than a clean install as far as form and function.

I built a system from scratch and found it easier to just deploy PostgreSQL myself rather than use the Apple provided(?) PostgreSQL. Seriously, try it and check it out, it is eye opening.

postgreSQL broken fatally with Server 3.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.