Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invitee responses stuck under iOS 8

Upgraded to iOS 8 from 7 this morning. I started getting "invitee responses" which are apparently new notifications in iOS 8. Generally a good feature though I can't seem to control it. Regardless, I'm getting these new notifications when someone accepts or declines meetings, fine. But I have two accepts for a meeting I scheduled prior to the iOS 8 upgrade that won't clear from my "Invitee Responses" in my Calendar inbox. They both are just sitting there with the "OK" button looking like it can be pressed, and when I do nothing happens. Other invite accepts/declines clear when I press "OK" but not these.

How do I clear them? I've restarted the phone, I've double-tapped home and swiped up on Calendar, I've pulled down and refreshed...everything I can think of besides deleting the event (which his recurring and has lots of attendees so I'd rather not).

Ideas?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 8:57 PM

46 replies

Sep 26, 2014 7:02 AM in response to mcmesser

I have this problem as well, but what's worse is that whenever I click "OK" for invitee notification, it resends out the entire calendar invitation to everyone who was invited. It has caused me to constantly spam all the attendees who are on my calendar invitation. The only way I could prevent this from happening further was by turning off calendar for my exchange account. I would love to know how to permanently fix this as I need to see my calendar on my phone but don't want to cause undue calendar updates to get sent out every time someone declines or accepts my invites.

Sep 21, 2014 7:57 AM in response to mcmesser

I spoke too soon. Recreating the event cleared the stuck responses until the same invitees responded to the new event. Same issue. I'm getting responses from other people that I can clear, but not these specific people. I'll run some tests.

Also, I did turn calendars on and then off for this account (Exchange/Google Apps) and it cleared until at some point later the invitee response came back in and got stuck again.

Sep 22, 2014 1:21 PM in response to mcmesser

I ran some experiments and here's what I found:

• Invitee responses getting stuck seems to only happen for recurring meetings
  • It doesn't seem to matter which client the invitee uses to respond (iCal or native Gmail)
  • The stuck invitee response seems to clear once the next event in the series passes - very odd

So as of now invitee responses have cleared. But as soon as I set up another recurring meeting, responses get stuck until the first event passes.

Sep 29, 2014 5:26 AM in response to mcmesser

Same problem here, stupid notification stuck, OK button getting highlighted if I hit it, but nothing really happening. Indeed it is for a written reply to a recurring meeting, in Outlook. Can't really start messing with the meeting or my Exchange settings, both would have business repercussions. I need basic calendar functions to work for my phone to be usable for work. Please Apple get to it and fix it ASAP!

Invitee responses stuck under iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.