Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air stuck on 'Update Requested' - 30 hours!

HI,

Trying to update my iPad Air to iOS 8 and it has been stuck on 'Update Requested' for 30 hours! I've tried rebooting it, turning it off and on, resetting network settings but nothing will get it moving. I've updated mine and my girlfriends iPhone's in the mean time but still my iPad won't update. Getting worried about it now.

Anyone have any ideas?

Just to add I don't have a computer so am unable to connect it to iTunes and update it that way.

Thanks,

Dan

iPad, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 12:45 AM

7 replies

Sep 19, 2014 5:39 AM in response to dannius

This is a beast of an update. THe installer file is a gig and a half (give or take) and expands to 4-6 gig.

I'd suggest that folks do the update via iTunes and their computer. If you can't do that (even borrowing a friend's computer for a couple of hours) then make an appointment at a local apple store and see if they can help you.

Even on cable internet it still took me an hour and a half to download the file.

Also bear in mind, you're one of millions of people trying to get that over the air file.

Sep 22, 2014 2:52 AM in response to dannius

To update this post, my iPad Air finally downloaded the update last night so it's now running iOS 8. A full 4 days since I requested the update! My advice to others would be to be patient for a few days to see if it comes through. I have no idea why it took so long however, and why it was different for my iPhone.

May 4, 2015 7:39 AM in response to dannius

Thanks for all of the information everyone. After days of my iPad saying that my update had been requested I connected my iPad to my Macbook Pro and proceeded to do the update through iTunes which seemed to do the trick. I read some were having a problem with the WSJ App as well and were able to update after removing it, however I did not have this App so went through iTunes and now it is finally updating. Thanks again for all the comments and glad the community is always around in the forums to help us all out.

iPad Air stuck on 'Update Requested' - 30 hours!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.