Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 5th gen waterproof?

Hey so here is an interesting story.

I dropped my iPod Touch 5th Gen into water, and i panicked out leaving it there for like 1 minute.

The games were still running, i couldnt hear any sound though.

I decided to take it out and clean it with a towel, turn it off immediately and the classic bag of rice...

Like 16 hours after, i was curious if there was still water in, so i took it out of the rice and shaked it to see if there is water coming out from it...

Guess what, no water.

The biggest surprise was when i pressed the home button to clean it of that rice floor.

The ipod was still turned on...

Everything is working on it, wifi, sound, gps... 100% functional...

Did they make it waterproof?

1 Minute in water could distroy any electronic equipment...

iPod touch, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 11:52 PM

4 replies

Sep 19, 2014 4:05 AM in response to AlexandruMarius

Hey Alexanddru, "The Fates" were working with you that day. I would leave your iPod off and continue to dry it out In the rice for a few days. Just assume your iPod got wet inside. Then the first thing you should do is make a full set of backups to your computer. A little insurance, just in case the iPod does develops issues, you never know with water damage. Normally I'd say Good luck, but you appear to already have it! Cheers.

iPod 5th gen waterproof?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.