Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote

Light flashes on my Apple TV when I press buttons on Apple Remote but nothing happens on TV screen. I tried everything to reboot/reset it, light always flashes but with no reaction on the screen. Do you have any suggestion (apart from official Apple sugestion that I tried all)? Can I access to Apple TV like one accesses the routers or sthg.?

br

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 1:26 AM

9 replies

Apr 2, 2015 11:40 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

I'm having the same problem, and it is a new problem as we've been using the Apple TV with its remote for more than a year. All of a sudden it won't do its job. I have to press the remote repeatedly before it finally responds. When it finally responds, the light blinks in response to the remote like it is doing something, but nothing happens in the TV screen, like there is some sort of a disconnect. I haven't changed anything that would have created a new configuration.

Apr 3, 2015 6:56 AM in response to barbs11

Weak batteries can also cause the remote to work intermittently, have you tired replacing the batteries?

If you have (or you do and nothing changes) then as noted above the remote itself might be on the way out. But as far as any settings that might have changed there is nothing that would cause a remote to behave intermittenly.

regards

Apple TV remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.