Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently wanted to update my phone and so when i put it in recovery mode and tried to set it up it said that i had to enter the apple id that i used to set up the phone the first time but i dont know the information to my old account what do i do?

I recently wanted to update my phone and so when i put it in recovery mode and tried to set it up it said that i had to enter the apple id that i used to set up the phone the first time but i dont know the information to my old account what can i do?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 4:16 AM

1 reply

Sep 19, 2014 5:06 AM in response to ganger98

You will need to remember or find the id that you used, without it you won't be able to re-activate your phone - if you are on the activation screen then does that show the first letter of the id and the email provider's name ?

Do you know if you have any of the account's downloads in computer's iTunes library - if you do then you can get the id form that : Recovering a forgotten iTunes Store account name.

If not then see if you can find it via http://appleid.apple.com : Apple ID: How to find your Apple ID.

I recently wanted to update my phone and so when i put it in recovery mode and tried to set it up it said that i had to enter the apple id that i used to set up the phone the first time but i dont know the information to my old account what do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.