Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8 problem

I just downloaded the IOS 8 update on my IPad mini:

a) Siri worked very bad.

b) Every time I press to close the lock botton it does teribble noise that makes me need to activate the silece botton.

c) When I tried to call someone on skype it did worse noise than the lock problem and the silence isn't working on this one.

Please help me, I'll report if I will find more problems.

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 7:57 AM

1 reply

Sep 22, 2014 7:56 AM in response to Zivtheawesome

Hey there ZivtheAwesome,

It sounds like you are are experiencing a few issues after the update to iOS 8. First to troubleshoot Siri, I would turn it off then restart the iPad, turn it back on and test it out:

iOS: Troubleshooting Siri

If Siri is not behaving as expected, try toggling Siri off and then back on. You can turn it off and on in Settings > General > Siri.

There is a sound associated with locking the device called Lock Sounds which you can disable in your Settings:

iOS: Understanding sounds, ringtones, and alerts

To change sound settings: Go to Settings > Sounds

And to troubleshoot the Skype app, you can use the following article to help with that, but there may also be a setting for the sound in Settings:

iOS: An app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

ios 8 problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.