Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password auto fill keychain isn't working in iOS 8

IIf I open a website the username and password don't autofill despite still saved

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 8:00 AM

54 replies

Sep 21, 2014 12:36 PM in response to Pru2013

I was having the same problem. The solution is real simple. Tap the space for your user name and when the keyboard appears, just above the keyboard is "AutoFill Password" -- tap that and it fills in from keychain. You may have to turn on Passcode in the settings first.You can turn it off if you want but allow it to continue to access keychain when it asks.

Sep 21, 2014 6:55 PM in response to Pru2013

I have this problem for some websites. The username and password fields aren't automatically filled in upon loading the page like they used to be and it's really annoying. The issue is not about not being able to remember my login credentials but about having a one tap login that I have do every 5 hours on a certain page that just happens to have this issue, so I'm not considering invoking the keyboard and taping "AutoFill Password" as a proper solution (which is what I'm doing now). Facebook and Twitter logins however don't have this problem. It's pretty frustrating 😟.

Sep 29, 2014 5:05 PM in response to Pru2013

Was having the same issue and finally licked it. The problem seems to arise when there are multiple versions of a username or domain saved in Keychain -- "Bob" and "bob," or example.com and www.example.com. The solution for me was to go into Settings on each iOS device and delete the saved user/password pair.

Settings > Safari > Passwords & Autofill > Saved Passwords

Click Edit, then check the user/password pair(s), then click Delete.

Recheck each device and make sure the user/PW pair has not repopulated in the Saved Passwords list. Then go back to the problem website and log in with your username & PW, saying yes to the Keychain prompt. Then log out and log in again. Put your cursor in the "Username" field. The keyboard should come up, with "Autofill password" just over the QW keys. If that doesn't work on an iPad, try the same thing on your iPhone, then go back to the iPad.

Password auto fill keychain isn't working in iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.