Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

*GLITCH* iPhone 6 Plus Spotlight Search grayscale and pixelated

Just as the title says, when I go to spotlight search, it becomes all pixelated and grayscale. Weird glitch, please fix Apple!

Won't let me upload a picture.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 7:42 PM

I had this, too.

I had been playing with the accessibility features and had enabled the lower white point and switched the transparency reduction on and off. By disabling the lowered white point and toggling the transparency switch on, looking at spotlight, then toggling it off, I got it to go away.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2014 7:42 PM in response to DNUGENTUSMC

I had this, too.

I had been playing with the accessibility features and had enabled the lower white point and switched the transparency reduction on and off. By disabling the lowered white point and toggling the transparency switch on, looking at spotlight, then toggling it off, I got it to go away.

Sep 19, 2014 7:53 PM in response to DNUGENTUSMC

DNUGENTUSMC wrote:

Just as the title says, when I go to spotlight search, it becomes all pixelated and grayscale. Weird glitch, please fix Apple!

Won't let me upload a picture.

Apple doesn't monitor these forums so pleading with them won't help. We are all users just like yourself.

Try doing a restart then restore. Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

Nov 14, 2014 8:31 AM in response to joeylake

Really weird "bug". I changed a few of the visual options, then the "grayscaled pixelated" Spotlight appears. Then I followed BenjaminFP's approach (ie. removing transparency). That fixes it...but here is the weird stuff. Switch back transparency again (in Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase contrast) - and it looks OK. In other words, no need for restart here. Odd...but at least I know now that if appears, changes settings and it may go away again...until it reappears...:-)

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

*GLITCH* iPhone 6 Plus Spotlight Search grayscale and pixelated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.