Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes stops working when I click a home video with ver 11.1.5.5 win 7 pro 64 bit

I have home made videos and when I click to open Itunes stops working and box says"Itunes has stopped working" and says "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" turns out Windows doesn't respond and I have to close the program..Tried it again and again with same result..Nicolino

Specs ver 11.1.5.5 win 7 pro 64 bit

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 8:45 AM

1 reply

Sep 22, 2014 8:52 AM in response to nicolini

Hello nicolini,

It sounds like iTunes quits unexpectedly everytime you try to open it so you can no longer use it. I recommend the troubleshooting steps in the following article to help you troubleshoot the issue here, named:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

Start with these steps to open iTunes in Safe Mode to see if a 3rd party app may be interfering with iTunes. There is additional troubleshooting to be done in the article if this is not the case:

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

Open iTunes in Safe Mode to isolate any interference from plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple.

1. Hold down Shift–Control while opening iTunes. You should see a dialog that says "iTunes is running in safe mode" before iTunes finishes starting up.
  2. Click Continue.
  3. See if the issue you're experiencing persists in Safe Mode.

If you have the same issue while iTunes is in Safe Mode, proceed to the "Create a new user account" section. If you don't experience the same issue, follow these steps to remove third-party plug-ins.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

itunes stops working when I click a home video with ver 11.1.5.5 win 7 pro 64 bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.