Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant

I used the Migration Assistant already installed on my new iMac to transfer files from my PC to my new iMac. It automatically created a new user account in which it dumped my transferred data (photos only), separate from the user account that I had established when initially setting up my iMac. Both user accounts appear to be administrator accounts. Is there any way to merge the contents of the new account that was created with the initially established user account? Also, if I use Migration Assistant to transfer other data, for instance, my documents, from my PC to my iMac, will Migration Assistant once again establish yet another user account for the new transferred data? Lastly, in attempting to find any support information regarding the use of Migration Assistant, there does not seem to be any support information out there in Apple Land --- is it because no one uses Migration Assistant? Thanks

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2014)

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 9:57 AM

4 replies

Sep 19, 2014 11:26 AM in response to Josey59

Josey59 wrote:

Lastly, in attempting to find any support information regarding the use of Migration Assistant, there does not seem to be any support information out there in Apple Land --- is it because no one uses Migration Assistant?

I don't have a PC so I don't know the details. But there appears to be plenty of support information. Here are the first hits from Google:

About Windows Migration Assistant

Switch Basics: Migrate your Windows files to your Mac

OS X Mavericks: Transfer your info from a PC

Migration Assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.