Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery drain fast after ios 8 update

my iphone 4s batery work one day comp but i update ios 8 batery drain fast does not work one day

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 10:57 AM

32 replies

Sep 20, 2014 9:26 AM in response to jabil786123

Battery died after several hours even though phone was fully charged to start with and wasn't in use. Never happened before. Only since ios 8 update on 4s. Home & Lock Screen is draining too much battery power followed by Mail. Phone also takes longer to charge. Not everyone can afford to upgrade. Apple needs to fix this issue asap.

Sep 23, 2014 8:12 PM in response to jabil786123

One possible solution for battery drain. Under Settings --> iTunes & App Store --> Suggested Apps -- turn both OFF. When on, your iPhone, regardless of location settings, constantly looks around for surrounding businesses/services to notify you to use their app on the lock screen. After I turned this off, my battery went from draining quickly to behaving as it did under iOS 7.

Sep 26, 2014 1:53 PM in response to jabil786123

I am have issues with the battery draining quickly after the upgrade. I took a look at the battery usage and I consistently get Phone (Low Signal) on the top. I don't get it. Granted my iPhone is weak at times, its not always. I compared with iPhone 6 at the same location and I do see the Phone list on top but the Low Signal next to it does not exist. Overall the experience has been terrible since the upgrade with the battery life.

Sep 28, 2014 7:49 AM in response to jabil786123

The following settings will effect the batteries overall performance and life:

1. Background App Refresh
  2. Notifications especially when you get when banners is set for all your apps in lock screen.
  3. Email Pushing, rather than manual fetching
  4. Display brightness
  5. Using data network when WiFi is available.
  6. Having too many apps open with background app refresh on.
  7. Playing music but not allowing screen to go black.
  8. Location services being used in the background for apps.

Oct 13, 2014 4:30 PM in response to jabil786123

I've been having a standby battery draining issue all week, I already knew about most of the settings to save battery life, but I read articles and called apple but nothing worked. Finally, today, I saw an article from googling and it siad to reboot. I had actually thought about rebooting a few days ago, and I do not know why I did not do it. But it seems to have fixed my problem! Whew! I was going to reset it soon!

battery drain fast after ios 8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.