Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Mid 2010 I3 Upgrade RAM

Hi,

I tried to upgrade my Imac with a Kingston (KVR13S9S8/4) 4GB, but when i turn on my Mac, the SO didn't start, the stopped at Apple logo.

I have bootcamp install, i tried also the windows, but the same, the windows logo stay forever loading.

When i open the mac in the safe mode it boots Normal. It's say that the mac have 8GB (4GB Original + 4GB new). I test the memory with memtest 2 times, no error found.

Also i try to put the memory in a different slot, also didn't work, and with the last hopes i tried to remove the originals memories and plug only the new ones, put again no success.

Does anybody have an idea how to make it works?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 11:29 AM

5 replies

Sep 19, 2014 11:40 AM in response to fabiogameiro

iMacs are extremely sensitive to RAM, unfortunately Kingston RAM is more problematic than most. I would return the Kingston and buy from a reputable vendor such as Crucial or OWC (www.macsales.com. If you are located in the USA, OWC is overall your best option due to customer service, competitive pricing, and they're stuff just works. If you are outside the USA Crucial is an excellent vendor.

iMac Mid 2010 I3 Upgrade RAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.