Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 apple IDs / Cannot verify my icloud account or My apple ID

I have two apple IDs with two different email addresses. *****@yahoo.com and ************@gmail.com

I can sign into my Apple ID associated with the Yahoo address but not the gmail address. It will send a password reset but It will not send a verification email to this address.

Verify your email address.

A verification email was previously sent to erinlouiseconnors@gmail.com. We can resend the verification email to the same address, or if this address is incorrect you can change your Apple ID and email address.

Every time I try to sign into icloud on my macbook I get an error message that my icloud account has not been verified and that an email has been sent to my gmail account to verify it. I never get this email. No matter how many times I resend it. This is linked to my Gmail account which I cannot verify.

User uploaded file

• It is not in junk in my gmail account
  • it is not being sent to my yahoo account.
  • I've seen this thread and tried "sorting out my ID's - Re: Not getting iCloud verification email

I don't seem to be able to do this. It just tells me to choose which email address I have used most recently and then asks me to select one.

• If I try to add my gmail account as an alternate email to my yahoo account it says its already linked to another Apple ID

User uploaded file

I've checked these If you didn't receive your Apple ID verification or reset email

• I've tried checking my Apple ID

Make sure that the email address is correct in your Apple ID account

If you're verifying an Apple ID email address, take these steps:

1. Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com).
  2. Select “Manage your Apple ID” and sign in.
  3. If the email address listed in your account is incorrect, edit the address as needed. Apple will send another
  4. verification email to the corrected address.

I do this ------> I get this message.

Verify your email address.

Your Apple ID has been created. Before you can use it, we need to make sure that erinlouiseconnors@gmail.com belongs to you.

Check your email and look for a verification email from Apple. Click on the Verify Now link and sign in with your new Apple ID and password.

I never get a verification email.

You cannot merge two apple ID's

So my question is How do I verify my icloud and Apple ID account if I cannot receive a verification email?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 11:40 AM

9 replies

Nov 5, 2014 6:57 AM in response to shera1231

I have a similar problem. I just updated to Yosemite and now, to set up iCloud Drive, it's asking for a very old apple ID that hooked to a very old email address. I know NOW that I should not have two apple ID's but, that doesn't help me solve the problem. I want to change my computer to make it ask for the new apple ID, so I can finally be rid of all traces of the old apple ID. Can anyone help me? There is no option to "choose a different apple ID."

Thanks in advance!

Feb 14, 2015 4:11 PM in response to shera1231

So For everyone that is having the issue of iCloud asking for an old email there is a very simple fix, as long as its a simple switch from one email to another on one apple ID account.

1. Sign into appleid.apple.com with your current ID.

2. Edit the primary email to the one requested. (You DO NOT need to verify the old email.)

3. Sign out of iCloud on any device using the old ID.

4. Edit the primary email (on appleid.apple.com) back to the desired email address.

5. Verify that email address.

6. Sign into iCloud with the correct email.

As for anyone that is unable to verify their account due to not receiving the verification email, contact apple support for further assistance.

2 apple IDs / Cannot verify my icloud account or My apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.